Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Location: North West, UK
|Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:39 pm Post subject: Forum Registration & User Confidentiality.
They would prefer to remain as a ‘guest’ and post anonymously.
I would like to assure you that unless you choose an obvious User ID or make posts which would identify you, no one would have a clue as to who you are.
Member’s information is only viewable by other registered users; with you controlling what information of yours is available to be viewed.
Why then is it necessary to register before the Forum will accept postings?
The problem with Guest Postings is that objectionable comments can be made at will, with no recourse but deletion available to those that are operating the Forum.
If, as a guest, someone chooses to use our Forum to make derogatory remarks or other comments of a more serious nature, there would be no way to stop the objectionable conduct.
With registration mandatory, the administrator of the Forum has the ability to ban User Ids or IP addresses from the Forum. This means that the offender will be unable to sign onto the Forum from their computer.
The only usable information you are required to submit in the registration process is a valid email address. This information will remain completely confidential (unless you select the option to make it visible) and will not be released to anyone. If another member sends you an email using the Forum, the system will deliver it without revealing the email address on record.
Benefits of Registering:
* You can use any User ID you wish so no one will know who you are if you don't want them to.
* Search tool for forum posts.
* View posts since last visit.
* You can take part in any on line discussions that interest you.
* You can create or take part in any vote featured on the Forum.
* You can advertise used equipment for sale.
* You can email other members privately.
* You can receive Private Messages from other members.
* You can have fun with a personal ‘Avatar’ (picture assigned to your profile)
* Keep abreast on current issues by monitoring Forum activity.
* Your own user profile.
* IT'S FUN.
Go on, register! It won't cost you anything!
How to Register:
Registering is easy, taking less than 30 seconds.
To register on the Forum requires a valid email address.
If you don’t have a current valid email address, you can create an ‘Hotmail’ account following the simple instructions here:
If you have any questions please email me directly and I will respond as soon as possible.
forum admin It has come to my attention that some people are concerned about registering with this forum for fear of their personal information being made available.
Last edited by admin on Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:50 pm; edited 5 times in total